Wales Institute of Digital Information
A Dynamic Strategic Alliance
The Wales Institute of Digital Information is a dynamic strategic alliance.
Since its launch in March 2017, WIDI has created an innovative and sustainable institute that is able to move seamlessly between the areas of research, product and service innovation.
Working in the WIDI Partnership, the NHS Wales Informatics Service, the University of Wales Trinity Saint David Group and the University of South Wales have the knowledge and expertise to enhance digital workforce development in health and care and innovation to establish medical data research projects.
News & Events
- Develop applied knowledge through the unique WIDI partnership that will inform applied application underpinned by academic rigour
- Link digital transformation and usage through research (including Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Medical Imaging)
- Upskill digital competency in the health and care workforce
- Produce a generation of digital transformers & leaders
- Creating a digitally confident population of Wales
Our Core Objectives
Our core objectives within WIDI are built upon three strategically designed pillars:
OUR PILLARS enable us to build a solid foundation based on the overarching vision of the WIDI Partnership. By having a structured thought process, our Pillars enable us to communicate clearly and effectively as well as assisting in being a dynamic alliance in service development and the support we offer to individuals.